Red Onion Jam Veggie Burger Recipe
Prep Time : 5 min
Cook Time : 40 min
Servings : 4
This delicious and indulgent meatless burger is loaded with cheese, sweet red onion jam and plant based MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime Veggie Burgers! It’s the perfect comfort meal for an easy family dinner.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 medium red onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 packet MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime Veggie Burgers
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 ciabatta rolls, cut in half
- Mayonnaise, for spreading
- Salad greens
1. In a frypan on medium heat, add olive oil and onions along with a pinch of salt. Fry on a gentle heat until they soften and sweeten, 15 minutes.
2. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add the red wine vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Cook MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime Veggie Burgers according to pack instructions. With 2 minutes remaining, top each with a slice of cheddar, allowing it to melt.
4. Assemble the burgers with a generous dollop of red onion jam. Enjoy!