Very Veggie Fried Rice Recipe
Prep Time : 5 min
Cook Time : 20 min
Servings : 4
There’s nothing better than the humble Fried Rice. Unless its plant based! Try our meatless twist on a family recipe favourite, with MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Veggie Mince. The perfect mid-week dinner!
- 1 cup of long grain rice (preferably basmati)
- ½ packet of MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced into 2cm batons (finely slice the green part for garnish)
- 2-3 cups of your preferred vegetables (we’ve used celery, frozen peas and carrot)
- 2 free range eggs, whisked (optional)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese style chilli oil (often fermented or with soybeans)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy (optional)
- 3 tbsp peanut oil (or your preferred oil)
1. First things first, get your rice on the boil. Thoroughly rinse the rice to remove the starch, then in a medium sized pot, add 2 cups of water. Cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes, resisting the urge to remove the lid.
2. In a wok on medium heat, add oil, garlic, ginger, diced vegetables and spring onion batons. Set aside when just cooked.
3. Now to the wok add MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Mince along with the oyster sauce, soy sauces and chilli oil. Cook for roughly 3-5 minutes. Return the vegetables back to the wok.
4. If you’re adding egg, push everything to one side of the wok and in the cleared area add your whisked egg. Vigorously scramble the eggs before incorporating with the rest of the ingredients. Shut off the heat until the rice is ready.
5. After 20 minutes the rice should have absorbed all the water and steamed to perfection. Fluff it with a fork and add to the wok. Stir through until well incorporated.
6. Serve with spring onion and some extra chilli oil on the side.